The Captain 34 is a 3 channel all-tube guitar amplifier with a plexi style EL34 poweramp.
The power supply was redesigned to give that nice compression like you are turning your levels all the way up, even at lower volumes.
This amp sucks the tone right out of your fingers!! You must feel it to believe it.
The clean channel has sparkling clean with heaps of dynamics and a well balanced tone with smooth bass response and shimmering bell like highs. The EQ has some special features, a bright switch for extra highs and a eq cut function bypassing the tone circuit for extra gain and mid boost. There is also a (foot)switchable boost function giving just that extra gain for a texas tone. The clean channel works great with pedals too.
The second channel has 2 different modes; normal and boost. The sound differs from light crunch through fat blues distortion to old school fat overdrive. This channel has its own gain and level knobs and shares the EQ with the 3rd channel. In addition to that there is an edge switch wich you can use to create more modern rock sounds.
The lead channel has 2 different modes; a normal and a boost.In comparison to second channel this sound is more British voiced.This channel starts with crunch to vintage tube overdrive. In the boost mode more gain added for extra punch and sustain. The edge switch works also on the 3rd channel.
– 100W hand built all tube guitar amplifier.
– 3 Channels Stainless steel chassis
– Military grade components
– Mallory 150 series / Sozo and TAD mustard capacitors/ Paper in oil Caps.
Each selected for maximum tone.
– Presence pot
– A balls knob ,for a big tone on smaller cabinets
– Channels and boost are all switchable
– Footswitch with bright leds to indicate status
– A switchable tube buffered series effects loop along with a return level control
(power section master volume) to allow interfacing with a wide variety of effects devices.
The individual channel master level controls act as effects send levels and the return level control then acts as an overall master volume when the loop is used. The effects send jack is always active and is useful as a low impedance preamp section line out.
When the loop is switched off the effect buffer (send and return) is completely bypassed for maximum transparancy
– 4-EL34 power tubes (Svetlana) with a custom designed transformer (4 / 8 / 16 ohm )
– Regulated DC heaters for the 6 12AX7 preamp tubes provide low noise and
increased tube life